Wednesday 30 March 2011

The Cinematic Alphabet

This year's blog post will be one suggested by the great Rupert Pupkin over at Rupert Pupkin Speaks.

Sayeth he:
My friend Sherrie over at Citizenrobot came up with this list idea and I think it's a fun one. Along with our friend Sean over at Cinema-Scope we've all decided to put together our Cinematic Alphabets. Favorite films for each letter. Forget about Dr. Seuss, this is how I plan to teach my little girl her ABCs. We invite other bloggers to join us in putting out their own alphabets and are very curious what others' lists will look like!

So here's my stab at it. 26 favourites which are, to paraphrase critic David Thomson, "masterpieces, oddities, guilty pleasures and classics (with just the odd disaster)"


A is for All That Heaven Allows



B is for The Bravados



C is for Christmas In July



D is for Dark Passage



E is for The Exorcist III



F is for Force Of Evil



G is for The Great Silence



H is for High Anxiety



I is for I, Madman



J is for Jacob’s Ladder



K is for King Of New York



L is for The Last Embrace



M is for Midnight Run



N is for Necronomicon



O is for Out For Justice



P is for A Place In The Sun



Q is for Quiz Show



R is for Retribution



S is for The Seven-Ups



T is for Torso



U is for Umberto D.



V is for Vault Of Horror



W is for Waxwork



X is for XXX2



Y is for Young Sherlock Holmes



Z is for Z Channel: A Magnificent Obsession

2 comments:

Rupert Pupkin said...

Great list, if I didn't say it last week!

The Gentlemens Guide To Midnite Cinema said...

FANTASTIC list, if I may say so.. Love to see diverse lists..